I threw my magnet antenna on my metal roof and hooked it in to the cb

I hooked my cb up in my house just using a standard converter, is that ok?
I threw my magnet antenna on my metal roof and hooked it in to the cb, and used 12 v converter and cigarette plug wire on the cb. is that gonna cause any damage? for some reason, I keyed up and the swr meter went high after calibrating. more than normal… and also, it makes a buzzing noise like it’s got just a crap load of power. thanks in advance! :) tryin not to burn it up

Best Answer

Make sure that the power supply is a regulated 12 volt supply that offers enough amperage (5 to 10 amps). Make sure that your SWR is calibrated correctly. The buzzing sound may be either from a high SWR, wrong power supply, no ground, or something faulty with the radio itself.


One Response to “I threw my magnet antenna on my metal roof and hooked it in to the cb”

  1. iPlay says:

    You nailed it! Thanks y’all both good answers. There is no ground in this house, I didn’t know that. Thanks again!! Really appreciate the good answers

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!